Looking for best law firms in India for internship? Maheshwari and Co. is a multi-discipline and Best Law Firms in Delhi NCR (Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ghaziabad) for Internship.
Maheshwari & Co. has had significant practice in providing rich internship experiences and considers the mentoring and education of students as part of its core mission. Maheshwari & Co. has openings for two interns every month at all times. All Interns are taken from different top law colleges/institutes/schools.
We have a structured Internship Programme detailing the roles and responsibilities of Interns, deliverables and timelines which we expect our Interns to adhere to. Scope of work for the Interns ranges from basic legal research, preparing case notes, drafting research memoranda, case briefs and to assist attorneys in case preparation and transactions. For internship in our law firm one needs to be highly dedicated.
As part of the Internship Programme, Interns work with various practice groups in rotation and become a part of one of the finest law firms in Delhi for internship. This provides exposure to different areas of law and a variety of legal issues. It provides an opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge and gain practical experience while developing team working skills. It provides intrinsic learning to hone and develop softer skills including cognitive skills, internal and external relationship management skills. Holistic personality development is essential for a future day successful lawyer.
Eligibility & Selection
- Students who have completed at least two years of the 5 year Law programme.
- Students of the 2nd and final year of the 3 year LL.B programme.
- Students who have appeared in their final year of law examination and waiting for their results.
- Students of LL.M. programme, and International students studying in an overseas law school.
To be eligible for Internship Program, interested persons are required to send their resumes and a covering letter to the firm or can send emails at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may apply between 45 to 30 days in advance from the date of commencement of internship.
Attributes that we admire in an Intern:
- Superior academic credentials
- Right attitude, and temperament to learn
- Team player
- High in motivation and energy
- Interpersonal skills
We are committed to mentoring and guiding you towards achieving this goal, provided, you share the same zeal towards learning the law that each of our professionals have. We offer real responsibilities to all our interns in order to acclimatize you to the work you would be doing as a full time professional at Maheshwari & Co.. Every intern shall be mentored by a professional at Maheshwari & Co. Your mentor is your guide, your source for resolving your queries and is in-charge of your overall development within the organization.
Once selected as an intern, we expect you to complete a minimum one month of internship with us during which it is mandatory for you to make a project and presentation at the end of the internship. The presentation shall be on a topic decided by your mentor. The topics would be framed in such a way as to ignite the creative spark in you, asking you to think out of the box on many occasions. The presentation shall be made to an audience of all your fellow interns as well as the professionals in the organization. We expect the presentation to be of the highest quality as it would set the benchmark for your value addition to the organization.
The goal of the internship program is to train and develop the capacity of students in the promotion and protection of intellectual property rights through advocacy, activism, research and education. Student interns gain practical experience in the field, undertake independent research or experience intellectual property rights concerns that are of interest to them.
Interns are required to write a two-page report after the completion of their internship. Students undertaking Internship Program are required to give a presentation at the end of the internship . Students may choose to write an academic paper related to the legal issues they engaged in during their internships over and above the presentation. Interns are required to complete the Internship Finalization Form. And, finally the Internship Certificate is issued by the firm.
Following is the Dress Code:
- Female Interns: Semi-Formal western attire (Pants and collared shirts) or semi-formal Indian (pant with kameez).
- Male Interns: Smart trousers and office shirts; smart jackets in winter. Earrings, long hair and stubbles are not permitted.
- Jeans and other casual clothing, sneakers and sport shoes are only allowed on Saturdays and other holidays. Casual clothes must always be clean, tidy and modest. Shorts and very casual dresses are not allowed on any day.
- No loud colours or large prints please.
10:00 AM to 7 PM
Saturdays are working days till 7 PM except Second and Fourth Saturday.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Interns are required to bring their own Laptops during the course of Internship.
- Usage of Pen drives and other USB are strictly prohibited.
- Any Official data or confidential information belonging to Maheshwari & Co. shall not be misused or further transferred to any person without the permission of Senior Associates.
The Intern Policy offers non-paid internships for interested undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. Based on your performance you may be offered an employment opportunity in future.