RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
1. Master Circular – Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) launched the the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) in 2013 by restructuring Swarnajayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana. NRLM was renamed as DAY-NRLMs w.e.f. March 29, 2016.
2. International Trade Settlement in Indian Rupees (INR)
India has decided to put in place an additional arrangement for invoicing, payment, and settlement of exports/imports in INR. Before putting in place this mechanism, AD banks shall require prior approval from the Foreign Exchange Department of Reserve Bank of India, Central Office at Mumbai.
3. Requirement for obtaining prior approval in case of takeover / acquisition of control of non-bank PSOs and sale / transfer of payment system activity of non-bank PSO
The operations of non-bank PSOs have been reviewed and they shall require prior approval of RBI in the case of Takeover/Acquisition of control, which may/may not result in change of management and Sale/Transfer of payment activity to an entity not authorized for undertaking similar activity.
SECURITIES EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
1. Notice of Sale for E-Auction of Immovable Properties of Networth Marketing Limited & Others
The Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) invites bids for sale of immovable properties in the recovery proceedings against Networth Marketing Ltd. Bids can be made through e-auction platform on ‘as is where is and whatever there is’ basis.
2. Declaration of zero coupon zero principal instruments as securities under the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956
For the purpose of this notification, “zero coupon zero principal instrument” means an instrument issued by a Not-for-Profit Organization which shall be registered with Social Stock Exchange segment of a recognized Stock Exchange in accordance with the regulations made by SEBI.
3. Consultation Paper on Online Bond Trading Platforms – Proposed Regulatory Framework
Debt securities can be issued either through a public issuance or on private placement basis. A Public issue of debt securities is made through the on-line system of the Stock Exchanges and Depositories.
4. Consultation Paper on Applicability of SEBI PIT Regulations to MF units
Proposal to cover dealing in units of Mutual Funds under SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading), Regulations, 2015 (“PIT Regulations”) is being considered by the market regulator. The objective of this consultation paper is to solicit public comments on the proposed changes to the regulations governing insider trading.
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS (MCA)
1. Updated notification for creditors-
Any creditor who fails to submit his affidavit of proof within the time limit specified will be barred from benefiting from any dividend distribution until his debt is proven, or, as the case may be, from objecting to such distribution.
2. Extension of last date of receipt of application for engagement of Retired Central Government Servants-
Extending the deadline for applications for contract engagement of retired Central Government Servants as consultants in the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA)-reg.
3. Investor awareness and empowerment among the citizens-
In order to ensure that investors are smart, informed, and empowered, the Investor Education & Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA), which operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Government of India, has been engaging in a number of activities.
4. Can a Public Unlisted Company Refuse to Register a Physical Transfer of Shares?
The purchase transferee should have the option of dematerializing the shares and then registering them with the company. The intention of the law is to ensure all transfers of shares of unlisted public companies are being conducted in dematerialized form and the intent of the transferor and transferee to contract.
https://indiankanoon.org/doc/346272/ & https://cbflnlud.wixsite.com/blog/post/can-a-public-unlisted-company-refuse-to-register-a-physical-transfer-of-shares
1. Allahabad High Court Grants Bail to Dowry Death Accused in View of Poor Progress of Trial
The Allahabad High Court on Monday granted bail to a dowry death accused (in jail for about 6 years) in view of the poor progress of the trial in the case registered against him under Sections 498-A, 304-B, 302 I.P.C., and Section 3/4 of the Dowry Prohibition Act.
2. Supreme Court Allows Centre to Continue Security Cover for Mukesh Ambani Family; Quashes Tripura HC Proceedings
The Supreme Court quashed proceedings in the PIL pending before Tripura High Court. The petition was challenging security cover given to billionaire businessman Mukesh Ambani. The Government of India has been directed to continue giving the security cover to Ambani and his family.
3. Pay Hike for High Court Staff: Supreme Court Requests Tripura HC To Defer Contempt Proceedings Against State
The Supreme Court has issued notice on a special leave petition filed by the State of Tripura. The petition was challenging an interim order passed by the Tripura High Court. The High Court directed the state government to enhance the salary of the staff of the High Court as per the 6th Central Pay Commission.
1. Real estate investments reach USD 3.4 billion in H1 2022: CBRE
Capital inflows increased by 42 percent in H1 2022 compared to H2 2021 and by 4 percent compared to H1 2021. Capital inflows totaled USD 2 billion in Q2 2022, representing a 47 percent increase over Q1 2022. With a combined share of approximately 90%, Delhi-NCR, Chennai, and Mumbai dominated total investment quantum in Q2 2022.
2. Institutional investments into Indian real estate dips 27% in January-June
Despite the uncertain economic environment, Indian real estate experienced a sustained recovery. However, due to the uncertainty, investment momentum slowed, resulting in $1.91 billion in the first half of 2022. Similarly, institutional investments in Indian real estate fell 27 percent in the June quarter but increased marginally sequentially to $966 million.
INFRASTRUCTURE & CONSTRUCTION
1. Bullet train project gets a fresh lease of life; Bids invited for construction of underground station in BKC
The bullet train project will run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai on a high-speed rail corridor at 320 kmph, covering 508 kilometers and 12 stations in just three hours. The current travel time between the two cities is nearly six hours.
1. MyGov is currently inviting applications for the position of Social Media Manager – Manipuri
MyGov is looking for Social Media managers who are proficient in various Social Media platforms and can create content in regional languages. Creativity and Out of Box thinking and effective communication skills are required.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
1. Food and beverage companies going heavy on diet product launches, campaigns
Following Covid-19, consumer demand for healthier products increased, which has led to new investments in the market for healthier foods and a significant decrease in salt and sugar content in packaged foods, according to Mayank Shah, senior category head at Parle Products.
2. Food and beverage companies’ eye global tie-ups as business revives
The largest luxury and premium retailer in India announced its entry into the food and beverage industry in June by partnering with the international restaurant chain Pret A Manger, according to Darshan Mehta, managing director of Reliance Brands.
CRYPTO & GAMING
1. Crypto regulation needs to be global, says FM Nirmala Sitharaman
Ajay Seth, India’s economic affairs secretary, stated earlier this month that the country would soon complete a consultation paper on cryptocurrencies with input from all parties, including multilateral organizations like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
2. Crypto mining regulations in India-
Supreme Court of India has overturned the RBI’s ban on banks, financial institutions and payment platforms accepting crypto-based transactions in 2020.
3. Crypto Logical Extension Of Fintech, Its Use As Asset, Currency A Challenge: MoS IT
The RBI will do crypto a digital rupee as a first step, and then we’ll observe how the market’s evolves, according to the Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar