CEE Attorneys is an international legal practice of Central and Eastern European region with eight offices and more than 50 highly qualified lawyers in the Czech Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
The Czech Republic - Zdeněk Tomíček, Founding Partner of CEE Attorneys international legal practice, Partner of Prague office, Director of Expansion
- Zdeněk graduated from the Faculty of Law at Charles University in Prague, the Czech Republic. In 2006 he joined DLA Piper, one of the world's largest legal offices, where he worked also as a member of EMEA International Arbitration Team in the City of London.
- Zdeněk focuses particularly on corporate housekeeping and represents clients in litigation and arbitration, including international arbitration. Additionally, he provides legal services in the area of labour law and public procurement.
- Zdeněk provides services in Czech and English and is partially fluent in German and Russian.
Poland – Andrzej Szmigiel, Partner of Warsaw office
- Andrzej graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of University of Warsaw. He conducted a number of prestigious purchase transactions for the purposes of developer’s investments for the biggest and most significant developers and property funds acting on the Polish market. He also has many years of experience in negotiating lease agreements in the most prestigious office buildings in Poland.
- Andrzej participated in many prestigious court disputes and M&A transactions. He is an arbiter by the Arbitration Court of the Warsaw Bar Association.
- He is fluent in English.
Selected areas of services
- Evaluation of best possible corporate structure
- Preparation and realization of holding structures
- Solving relations between statutory bodies and shareholders
- Preparation of internal legal documents, policies, organizational structures and the proposal of optimal solutions
- Preparation of general meetings and decisions of a soleshareholders
- Compliance and regulation policies
- Complex legal support regarding purchase and sale transactions
- Preparation and negotiation of complete transaction documentation
- Lease transactions
- Preparation and negotiation auxiliary lease documentation, e.g. bank guarantees, handover protocols, rules of the buildings, fit-out works agreements etc.
- Legal due diligence
- General labour law - conclusion/termination of the employment relationship, remuneration for work, drafting internal regulations of the employer, compensations for damages
- Communication with Work Councils and Trade Unions
- International employment
- Visa solution
- Labour agency matters
- Management incentive plans
- Representing the client before courts of all levels
- Representing the client in arbitral proceedings (including international commercial and investment arbitral proceedings)
- Preparing alternative dispute resolution, proposals of strategic solutions
- Preparing statements of claim, defense and related documentation
- Decision enforcement and execution proceedings, exclusion indictments
- Receivables collection
- Strategic tax planning
- Tax issues related to sale/purchase of company’s property
- Assistance during tax inspections and controls
- Communication and representing with financial offices in tax and administrative proceedings
- Tax structuring related to M&A and similar transactions
- Drafting transfer pricing documentation
M & A
- Evaluation of the best possible M&A transaction structuring, including tax implications
- Preparation of legal audits (Due Diligence)
- Preparation of transaction structure for M&A, including cross-border mergers
- Preparation of complex documentation on the transaction
- Completion of M&A transaction and post-transaction services